You have decided through your research that Salesforce suits your business needs. You have attracted visitors to your website. Have networked like crazy, collected a lot of business cards, and increased their social media presence. You have collected data for leads and converted the leads into customers. But your customers cancel their accounts after a month, as it is not just for them. Your competition is a smooth operator and has driven your customers out from under your nose. With fierce competition and customers who tend to change their mind, you need every tool available to retain your customers.
Most companies focus on using Salesforce to closing leads, which is great, but this conversion process costs money and more. With the Salesforce Implementation, you can turn complaints into great reviews. Depending on your industry and which study you study, customer acquisition is 5-25 times more expensive than customer retention. So you want to stay with the good customers that you have. And, if this is not enough incentive, research by Bain & Co. has found that a 5% increase in customer retention leads to a more than 25% increase in profit. Let’s find out how Salesforce helps retain its customers:
- Using Integration to Get Customer Data in One Place
Earlier marketing and sales teams were working in data silos and used to hug each other on every occasion. For example of streamlined integration, if your marketing team uses HubSpot marketing software, your sales team will also use Salesforce, and in such a situation your customer service team will also use Zendesk. You are easy to integrate HubSpot Marketing and Zendesk with Salesforce. As a result, you can also create a transparent data funnel through which your marketing, sales and customer service teams make it easy to monitor 360 degrees about each customer. That means transparency through the entire sales funnel and bringing marketing, sales and customer service all on one page makes sales easier.
For your customers this means better customer service. Zendesk found that 52% of customers shop more than a company after a positive customer service experience. The best way to ensure that your customer service is at the top or not. This is to ensure that your customer service team or your customer service platform is integrated with your central CRM to ensure that every customer is informed as much as possible from time to time. Obviously, a transparent system has more benefits that translate to marketing and Salesforce Consultants as well and means that you can be more effective in customer retention.
- Take Advantage of Customer Data & Personalize
During your relationship with your customers, you have probably collected a lot of data about them. If you followed the above tip, then you have integrated all this data into Salesforce. Now it becomes easier for you to control customer relationships and use data to personalize your emails so that they resonate with your customers because customers feel special.
If you think of using Salesforce, you will have to prepare the entire customer data list in advance, including website activity and downloads. You can use this data to segment your customers and send them personal emails via MailChimp. I chose MailChimp to be the primary email marketing app instead of sending email through Salesforce, because not only can you easily create beautiful templates. You can email 2,000 customers on their free plan, with a cheaper upgrade if you email more customers, while Salesforce Enterprise only allows you to email up to 500 customers.
MailChimp has an app designed for Salesforce that allows you to manage MailChimp customers from Salesforce leads and contacts, and upload MailChimp customers as Salesforce leads. You can also create segments in your MailChimp list, create MailChimp campaigns, and view MailChimp campaign activity and reports in your Salesforce account, thanks to the hourly sync between MailChimp and Salesforce.
Moreover, if you are running an online store, you can connect it to your MailChimp account using eCommerce360. This app uses link tracking to monitor detailed customer purchases and website activity and sends this information back to MailChimp. You can then use the information to create a highly targeted email campaign. Consider the use of integration as follows:
- Firstly, turn on eCommerce360 tracking by connecting your online store to the eCommerce360 platform using integration. MailChimp already supports multiple integrations such as Shopify as well as Magento. They all have their own setup, so it’s best to click here to see for yourself how to set up your own special integration.
- Once you set up the eCommerce360 platform, then you can easily repeatedly use the captured customer information for creating an email segment. In this example, understand that by dividing the customers based on their purchase history:
- First, go to “Lists”, which is found at the top of the MailChimp toolbar.
- Then, click on the name of the list you want to fragment. Click on the PieSync test list.
- Now next, click on the “Segment” box drop-down menu, and then, click on the “Create a Segment” button at the bottom of the screen page.
- Click the first drop-down menu to show all segment options. With the standard MailChimp segment options, such as email and name a place, you will also get to see such eCommerce options.
- Here I want to target my highest value customers, so I have chosen to segment the list based on the “spend (average per order)” clause criterion.
- Next, click the “Preview section” button at the bottom of the screen, save the section.
- Now you are ready to create a campaign in MailChimp and send coupons or other e-goodies to this saved segment so that they can be rewarded for being great customers.
- In your MailChimp dashboard, click “Create Campaign”.
- Set the campaign name, email subject, and the “From” field. You can also check the box for “Personalize the ‘To’ field” to include the recipient’s name in the message.
- You can also enable eCommerce360 link tracking so that I can see my customer activity for this campaign.
- Also, check the box for the Salesforce Tracking option, and Salesforce “Track Member Activity” is enabled.
- Next, write the body of your email and then you can design your own or you can easily use a template for the first time.
- Then sending the eCommerece360 app also generates reports based on your campaigns. This is a very useful tool to keep track of how effective your campaigns are.
Research by Aberdeen Group shows that through personalization, the rate of increase in customer retention.
- Using Social Media to Reach Customers
If you use social channels and fail to respond to your customers through them, the research must have shown a 15% increase in brainstorming for which you have no choice but to be accountable on social media. It is no more. So, if your customers are asking you questions on Twitter, then answer them on Twitter. You can use Twitter’s advanced search feature to keep track of these interactions, but this is extra work you don’t want to get stuck into.
You can also search by keyword and schedule the feed to be refreshed every five minutes. You can reply to a message by selecting it and pressing the “reply” button. Now, you can type your answer or insert an automated response according to the requirement. You are also able to check the customer’s social profile within the Salesforce dashboard.
This is very useful for adding a personal touch to conversations with your contacts. All you have to do is take a look at their social media profiles just before important meetings with them to see what they are talking about or what their interests are. In addition, take-home messaging can also be used, if you care enough to interact with your customers to take-home messaging that they feel most comfortable with, then you are more likely to maintain their business. There is a possibility.
- Integrating Salesforce with Customer Service Platform
We all know that customer service is new marketing and a more effective way of retaining loyal customers, but as statistics show, many companies fail. The reason for this is that after-sales care does not just mean checking in with your customer or sending them offers. You also have to find a way to deal with customer complaints effectively, as 55% of customers stop doing business with a company when their complaints are not responded to in a timely manner.
You can easily handle this by integrating Salesforce with your customer service platform. Your customer service team will then have access to all customer information, which will help them keep track of any outstanding customer issues and prevent problems from breaking out.
Salesforce Service Cloud is an integrated customer service platform that allows customer service teams to easily get an overview of all customer interactions, including phones, email, social media channels, and connected devices. Then your customer service team, after knowing the complete history of your customers, can respond to them immediately without exiting the platform. Implement such a system, and you can turn complaints into brilliant reviews.
- Track Customer Interactions
If your customer has not been in contact for 6 months, whether shopping or downloading a new e-book, then chances are you are losing that customer. You make it easy to track customer engagement in Salesforce by searching the date fields and sorting them by the date of the last contact. Better yet, automate this process so that it can be brought to your attention on a weekly or monthly basis. Then, contact your customers and offer them based on their previous interactions. It is easy for Salesforce to get the report for the customers who have not been negotiated for the last 6 months, the steps to get the report are as follows:
- Firstly, click on the “Report” box and then click on the “New Report” button.
- Then, click on the “Accounts and Contacts” folder.
- Next, click on the “Contacts and Accounts” box and then click on the “Create” box.
- Make sure the date field should be on the “Last Activity” itself. Then, change the date range so that there is no date in the “From” field, and the date in the “To” field is 6 months earlier. Then, click “Run Report”.
Thus, you have a whole set of hot leads ready for your sales team.
- Identify & Re-Engage Inactive Subscribers
There is a huge opportunity that is often missed, such as inactive subscribers in your email lists. Marketing companies often advise you to sort these inactive customers because they are not attractive and are therefore harmful to open and click rates. It is well known that email lists get worse every year, so you are probably looking at a large section of email. However, if you already have a Salesforce Enterprise account, you can send up to 500 bulk emails at a time.
Obviously, if you want to send more, you will need integration. Apart from your marketing software, you can also use email marketing tools like MailChimp and integrate it with Salesforce. In MailChimp, you can segment your inactive customers and then send them re-engagement emails such as offers, discounts, or contests. It is also easy to identify your inactive customers, here is a nifty MailChimp article to tell about that.
- Give New Customers 100 Days Rest
When you acquire a customer, it is tempting to bombard them with even more great offers and try to sell them. Peter Lavres, customer retention specialist at WCL Customer Management, advises that you should only thank them for their business and offer them a token of appreciation. This is the best way to build trust, and trust is an integral part of building a long-term business relationship. According to experts, the best time to convert a customer into a brand advocate is in the first 100 days of purchasing your product because they have something exciting to tell.
You can show appreciation by sending physical gifts such as cards or gourmet food, and it doesn’t take your hours. Instead, you can use Salesforce integration such as ZenDirect for all your direct marketing campaigns. With ZenDirect, you can send gifts to your new customers, such as personalized postcards, greeting cards, and even a large box of chocolate brownies. With this integration, you will impress new customers with your company’s swag in no time.
Customer retention is one of the most economical and unique ways to influence your revenue. But, with so much competition, if something better comes, there is no need for customers to be with you. According to knowledgeable marketers, it has been said that the power of data is used to personalize customer experiences, add value and truly listen to customer needs. Just keep in mind that these are small, personal touches that are able to make or break a long-lasting relationship.