SAP Commerce Cloud and Salesforce Commerce Cloud are two platforms that cause frequent user comparisons. Both of these are powerful tribal functionalities and lead their stakeholders to strong business litigation. In addition, both platforms have the ability to initiate the growth of businesses, although the main difference is the provision of clients and how the platform meets the requirements. We will discuss in this article a quick overview of both SAP Commerce Cloud and Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Previously, SAP Commerce Cloud was known as Hybris. And Salesforce Commerce Cloud was known as Demandware. The SAP Commerce Cloud was known as Hybris. And Salesforce Commerce Cloud was previously known as Demandware. Hybris was acquired by SAP (2013), similarly Salesforce acquired Domware (2016) both to strengthen its e-commerce, digital and physical footprints in the retail sector. There are 2 main areas in e-commerce where it is collaborative to use these robust tools. One is what we see as an online shopping store, called B2C e-commerce. The second is what happens in the background, which most of us do not get to see, such as vendors and suppliers, their bulk orders, payment and logistics and so on, this is B2B e-commerce. Here’s how to understand Salesforce Commerce Cloud on SAP Commerce Cloud:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud and SAP Commerce Cloud platforms have strong core functionalities. SAP tapped the high market cap, being the leader in the Hybris e-commerce segment, listing it as the leader in the Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce. Salesforce has integrated with all of their existing products such as configuring their well-known CRM, CPQ), etc. Thus, an end user gets a holistic view of the visitor of the website. Market-leading CRM helps to engage more customers and drive seamless sales processes from leads to conversions.
- Salesforce has incorporated CloudCrease (2018) to optimize its B2B e-commerce capability. Now business shoppers will be able to have the same personalized, intelligent shopper journeys as consumers across all channels, social, in-store, mobile and digital. It is available to provide pricing, contracts, multi-contract management, bulk booking, various addresses etc.
- Predictive type is one of the new features introduced in Commerce Cloud. It gains power with an AI engine that works in the backend to study search, returns results based on it, and suggests alternatives – Einstein AI-powered personalization for shoppers. For the next purchase, there is a provision to monitor the purchasing cycle by the AI engine to predict consumer behavior and selection of products. Better insight is placed on consumer behavior and buying patterns in order to identify with the investigation of consumer behavior and cross-selling opportunities.
- This team is responsible for taking care of day to day activities. The software complex in the core should also be user friendly and understandable. Salesforce Commerce Cloud is more likely to have an unstoppable advantage over SAP Commerce Cloud when the platform features an administrator interface. It is incredibly user friendly due to its involvement in day to day platform operations. One study stated that 64% of people who make it complicated, while Endeavor software, do not use it. The ease of use of Salesforce Commerce Cloud helps save time for the team.
- The first subscription-based pricing is sold via SAP Commerce Cloud and the second is sold during peak times with the total number of parallel users on the site. Salesforce Commerce is based on the cloud pricing revenue sharing model. As revenue increases the percentage decreases.
Not all features are available according to the features available in the full-blown version of Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the features included in the add-on are:
- Commerce cloud order management
- Commerce cloud endless corridor
While you are on the hunt for the best ecommerce platform, more than anything else, it is based on these 2 facts that are making or breaking –
- Do you have a sap shop? If yes, it is advisable to go with SAP Commerce Cloud. Although integrations are technically achievable, it could become a blame game in the future. If you are a multiple vendor application hosting mixed environments, or if you are installing from scratch, Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the tool for you.
- Do you anticipate the strength of your team? This is more important than anything else, as bringing new resources to support a platform can be a nightmare and time consuming.
If you are in a retail space watching your game, it is advisable to consult a local partner who can assess your operations and suggest which platform would suit you best. Once implemented simply in complex environments, Winklix Salesforce Certified Consultants in New York can view your environment and suggest the best platform for your business.